Weekend Notes

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hi, friends!!

Wow - Sunday already. I always have a hard time coming to grips with Sunday evenings turning into Monday mornings. The weekends go way too fast!!

I hope you all had a lot of fun this weekend and got into all kinds of crazy shenanigans (or took lots of cat naps...whichever is more your speed).

I have a love/hate relationships with weekends most of the time due to my retail schedule. A weekend completely off is a one-a-month kind of luxury. Most weekends I spend the majority of my time folding clothes and hanging out at the mall...nothing crazy exciting.

Some weekends, like this one, are a complete and total breath of fresh air. I was off Friday and Sunday. A-MAZ-ING.

I spent most of Friday morning cleaning and relaxing. I slept in a little bit, which was phenomenal, and then binge watched Gilmore Girls and cleaning my apartment. Super low key. Super relaxing. After a peaceful day of laying around doing (practically) nothing, I was ready for some fun and some company. I ended up making plans to go out to dinner with two of my dear friends -- the couple who got married on National Wear Your Lilly Day (#NWYLD). I have not seen these two in (what feels like) ages, and it was so lovely to catch up with the two of them. The conversation was wonderful and we talked, laughed, reminisced, and celebrated the fact the Ben, Elizabeth's hubby, got a new job (yay!!) Dinner was yummy (all of the pasta, all of the carbs), and I was so ready to hit the hay when I got home.

Saturday was mainly spent at work and I finally took down my Christmas tree -- hold your judgment, please!!

Today was the cherry on top of a great weekend. I really love having a Sunday off every once in a while. Sundays just might be my favorite day of the week, but this Sunday was super special. My friend Sasha was in town visiting Elizabeth (from Sweet Spaces) and we all made plans to go to brunch and celebrate reuniting with a few mimosas and some delish breakfast food.

Sasha and I were both bridesmaids in Elizabeth's wedding and have been friends ever since. She lives in Virginia, so I never get to see her anymore (boo!!) -- brunch was definitely a fun time! Elizabeth warned me that she was going to be wearing her newest Lilly dress and Sasha is always wearing something adorable, which meant that I couldn't just roll out of bed and go to brunch in my workout gear (aka, my typical brunch attire). It was a great excuse to have to get up and put together a cute outfit. I mean, who doesn't love an excuse to dress up a little bit?!

Isn't Elizabeth's Kate Spade clutch just to die for!?! I have some serious bag envy.

After brunch, we headed out to do some shopping at the Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, and HomeGoods. Sasha found an adorable leather skirt and Elizabeth picked up a pack of makeup removing wipes. I was on the hunt for a Kate Spade mug I had seen the other day, but for some reason (I'm claiming temporary insanity) I passed..... It's pretty much all I've been thinking about ever since... it was $12 and a pretty blue color that read "seize the day" on the inside rim... and it matches my "skirt the rules" mug perfectly.... but I digress. We ended with a quick trip to Starbucks for a latte (and a pastry to satisfy my sweet tooth). It was truly a lovely Sunday afternoon !!

Lipgloss: Smashbox // Shirt: Old Navy // Necklace: J Crew Factory // Skirt: J Crew Factory // Boots: Jessica Simpson // Boot Socks: Target //  Nails: OPI Shim Merry Chic // Watch & Bracelet: Kate Spade 

After our little afternoon date, I headed home to change (sort of) to head to dinner at my boyfriend's parents' house. His family does a cute little family dinner every Sunday evening -- such a great excuse to slow down, sit down, and talk to each other about all of the fun and new things going on in their lives. I love that his family does this and definitely think that it's time I set aside a time each week to hang out with my parents (mom & dad, since I know you're reading this -- when are we getting together!?!).

Shirt: Old Navy // Vest: Old Navy // Necklace: JCrew Factory // Jeans: Gap // Boots: Jessica Simpson // Watch & Bracelet: Kate Spade

Now I'm winding down, watching more Gilmore Girls (I'm on some seriously emotionally damaging episodes and may or may not have been sobbing while I've been writing this post), and catching up on all of my thank you notes. Today has just been glorious.

Let me know how you all spent your weekend!! I can't wait to hear all the juicy details!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a love note!

 
site design by designer blogs