NYE details

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Well hello there!

I hope that you all had a magnificent time ringing in the new year. New Year's Eve has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it's the promise of a fresh start as we leave our mistakes behind that I look forward to each year or maybe it's the sparkles, sequins, and glitter.... I mean, you be the judge (hint: it's the latter). NYE is such a fun holiday. You get to dress up and take pictures and drink champagne...what could be better?

This NYE, my midnight kiss just so happened to be my glass (juice box?) of wine. As I've previously mentioned, the boyfriend is traveling for work right now -- so unfortunately he spent his NYE in Atlanta. While I definitely missed kissing my handsome guy as the ball dropped and we welcomed in 2015, it allowed me to spend the evening with my best girlfriends, which was definitely a blast.

I started my NYE morning meeting up with my momma for brunch at one of our favorite spots. If any of you live near a Joseph Beth Bookstore that has the Bronte bistro attached, GO! The food is amazing, the ambiance is cozy, and they have an entire cocktail menu where each drink is named after an author or a book.... I totally geek out over it every time. It's just so fun! I indulged in baked brie with a caramel sauce and pears and a mimosa made with grand mariner (yummy!) and my momma chose the quiche du jour which was a veggie lovers quiche with chicken... SO GOOD. Have I mentioned that I adore Bronte bistro?

After brunch, we did a little window shopping, picked out a retirement gift for one of my mom's coworkers, returned some Christmas presents, and then wished one another a very happy new year. I love the relationship I have built with my mom. As I get older, I have realized that the time I get to spend with my mommabear is precious and the memories are priceless. I am one lucky girl to have a friend and mother as wonderful as mine. (Mom, if you're reading this -- love you bigger!)
so delish!!

Cheers to 2015!

sidenote: My wonderful boyfriend treated me to this murfee for Christmas. I am absolutely obsessed with it and have been wearing it every chance I get! It's perfect for the winter months as I can pair it back to grays and navy and wear it with a quilted vest or a dress, but it's going to be just as perfect in the spring and summer! The teals and pinks and greens in this scarf are just gorgeous. Shop the Trunk Show murfee here!

After brunch, I went back to my apartment to get ready for the evenings festivities. Last year, I had purchased a zip-up leather dress for a Sex and the City themed girls' trip (clearly I was the Samantha), and NYE was a great excuse to pull that dress out again. (sidenote: I also wore it to my birthday party...I just love this dress). It's everything a NYE dress should be: sexy, fun, and a little ridiculous. Although I typically opt for head to toe sequins, a little sparkle on my nails (I used Essie's Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low -- a metallic-y, sparkly silver-y, gold color) and sparkly J. Crew tights were enough for this girl this year. 

The prettiest Gin & Tonic there ever was

After getting ready, one of my bffs, Kourtney, came to pick me up to drink wine and touch up hair and makeup. We had wonderful girl talk, listened to Taylor Swift, and reconnected before our dinner reservations. It was lovely. Oh, the wine we were drinking? Pinot Grigio from a juice box.... always classy.

I think we clean up nicely, yes?

We met up with the rest of our friends at Seasons 52 for dinner. If there is a Seasons 52 near you, please do yourself a favor and go! The wine list is extensive and they change their menu up seasonally, depending on the produce that is in season. They also have the most delicious flatbreads as an appetizer option. I had the seasonal Bay Scallops (divine), a bottle of Chardonnay (split with Kourt), a field green salad, brussel sprouts, and finished it off with a s'mores dessert shooter (those cute little ones in the shot glasses). To avoid being publicly picked on by everyone at the table, I didn't take any pictures.... but, trust me when I say it was all beautiful and delicious!

Post dinner, we called an Uber and headed off to our friend's apartment in Mt. Adams where we spent time drinking (more) wine, catching up with old and new friends, and having lots and lots of fun. Our friend Jared has this amazing apartment that overlooks the city -- breathtaking. The perfect location to celebrate a new year!

the view from his balcony - gorgeous

It was definitely a night for the books and I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for all of us! What were your NYE plans? Quiet night in? Crazy night on the town? Evening spent with friends and family? I'd love to hear all about them!



CHEERS!













1 comment:

  1. Love that you posted the moose photo... #awkward #romanticaltricycle

    ReplyDelete

leave me a love note!

 
site design by designer blogs