tuesday ten

Tuesday, April 12, 2016



Happy Tuesday, y'all! I hope your week is off to a great start. It's panning out to be a busy but exciting one over here.

It's been a goal of mine for a while to start a tiny series on my blog, and I thought this week would be the perfect week to do just that! So... Every Tuesday, you can stop by S&W to find a random list of ten things. These ten things could be anything from things I'm loving to little brief life updates and everything in between. I hope you enjoy!


one // baseball season is finally here

THANK GOODNESS baseball season is back! I don't know about you, but to me Opening Day signifies the start of warm weather, acceptable day drinking, hot dogs, and an excuse to partake in the "athleisure" trend. Any excuse to rock my converse while wearing red lipstick is a good excuse. Even though my team isn't supposed to be very good this year, you can still expect to see me in the stands munchin' on some cotton candy and soaking up some sun.





my favorite pieces for game days:




two // book club
I'm officially an adult, friends. That's right, I joined a book club. I had attended women's networking event a few months back with a friend and we left with a plan to start a book club with a brand new group of girl friends. We had our first 'meeting' two weeks ago and I had just the best time. Seriously all you twenty-somethings.... If you're feeling a little bored post grad, start a book club! Set out some cheese, open a few bottles of wine, invite friends (and friends of friends to meet new people), and pick a book - believe me, you will have a great time! Bonus: you'll totally make new friends and who doesn't love new friends?

what we're reading:
 

three // best way to catch up on the news
If you're anything like me, sleep is precious. (ps if you're a natural early bird, please share your secrets) I have been loving the skimm. It's a quick little daily dose of news delivered right to your email inbox each and every morning. It's great because I feel like I can sleep an extra 15 minutes every morning without missing out on the news. It's a great feeling to be informed, and I highly recommend checking it out.

four // amazing race
Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I am totally obsessed with the Amazing Race. Sadly, all of my favorite teams have slowly been getting eliminated, but I'm still holding out hope that #TeamTylerandKorey can go all the way. If you've been watching, I'd love to know who your fave team is/was this season! Personally, I loved Erin & Josilyn (probably because of my love of Cheat Day on Clevver TV) and Scott & Blair Fowler the daddy daughter team that had me sobbing during their elimination.

five // Serial
I don't know how I'm just getting around to listening to Serial, but here I am. I binge-watched Making a Murderer in like a week, and I was left just craving more. I googled the case and read a few articles here and there, but I'm just fascinated with these types of things. I was at happy hour with a few girls from book club when the conversation went from Making a Murderer to Serial, a podcast that opens up the facts, opinions, and case in general of Adnan Syed, a man convicted to a life sentence for a crime he may or may not have committed. I am fascinated. (I'm listening to the final update as I type this...but looking ahead there are three updates to look forward to). If you're into this kind of stuff (murder mystery, court cases, unsolved mysteries, etc), I highly recommend checking it out here.

six // tassles & pom pom trend
I am absolutely dying over the tassles and pom pom trend that I'm seeing everywhere! It's so happy and perfect for warm weather and be achy getaways.

A few pieces I'm loving:



seven // Ellie Goulding
The obsession is real and I can't wait to see this lady live in May.



eight // sweet tooth
I am a dessert fiend. I would pass up chips and snack foods 100% of the time for donuts, cake, cookies, or candy. Forreal, it's been out of control lately. My roommate and I have made a couple late night donut runs (#noregrets) and I have constantly been keeping a pint of ice cream stocked in my freezer for those nights I just need a spoonful of something sweet. If anyone has any recipes I need to try for anything sweet, let me know!

nine // new Jacks!
I finally replaced my old Jacks this week and picked up a couple new pairs while I was at it. I think that Jack Rogers are just the quintessential spring and summer sandal. I tend to stick to the platinum color because they match everything, but I have been lusting over pinks and navys and whites lately. I replaced my basic platinum Hampton Javks and then picked up the platinum Georgica sandal and the Lucciaa wedge in white - can't wait to break these babies in!

Jacks I'm loving:



ten // the return of the unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
I know what my Friday night plans are going to consist of - blankets, white wine, snacks, and Netflix! I seriously cannot wait to savor every goofy episode season 2 is promising to deliver. Who else is watching?

Sidenote: did anyone else hear about the Pinot Noir being made by the man who plays Titus?!?! Has anyone tried it? Read about it here!


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a love note!

 
site design by designer blogs