101 in 1001 Update

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hello, everyone! If you've been following along for a little while, you'll remember my 101 in 1001 list that I started last January (literally seems like forever ago). If you're new, I'll catch you up to speed...

I have always been a huge lover of Mackenzie Horan from Design Darling. She has incredible style, she's funny, and she's inspiring (not to mention she runs an e-boutique filled with the cutest desk and bar accessories). my favorite thing to keep up with on Mackenzie's blog is her 101 in 1001 list series. Seriously it's such a cool concept - make a list of 101 things you want to accomplish in 1001 days and go for it! 


Mackenzie posted an update to her list this week, and it reminded me that I should definitely revisit mine. 

I originally started my list back in January of 2014, and to be quite honest with you, I was a completely different person. Seriously, so much has happened or changed in the 1.5 months since I wrote my first list ... so I might've tweaked a few things here and there. I can definitely cross off a good chunk, but I've still got a ways to go.





start dateJanuary 1, 2014
end dateSeptember 28, 2017

1. go one month without shopping
2. go one month without fast food
3. volunteer for a cause I am passionate about
4. read 5 autobiographies or biographies (memoirs count too) - update:  2/3 Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling
5. read 5 new classic novels

6. read for 30 minutes every night for a week 
7. get a chemical peel
8. start a new blog series
9. publish 3 how to posts
10. get a promotion

11. take my grandpa out to dinner
12. run a race (5k, 10k, half-marathon)
13. take a roadtrip with my girlfriends
14. leave a 100% tip for great service
15. send snail mail birthday cards to 10 friends

16. attend 5 musicals or plays at local theatres update: 3/5 A Chorus Line in September 2015 at the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts, A Christmas Carol in December 2015 at Playhouse in the Park, Book of Mormon in March 2016 at the Aronoff
17. travel somewhere new and exciting update: Vegas, baby!
18. try 10 new cincinnati restaurants
19. go to a yoga class once a week for a month
20. go two months without Starbucks

21. have professional pictures taken
22. host a giveaway on S+W
23. send thank you cards once a month
24. save $20/month to put towards a Society Social barcart
25. pay for a stranger's coffee

26. go camping
27. go apple or berry picking
28. play tennis
29. go social media-less for a weekend
30. get my wisdom teeth removed

31. guest blog
32. host a guest blogger
33. Join a book club 
34. send Christmas cards
35. inspire someone else to make a 101 in 1001

36. learn to drive a stick shift
37. buy a headboard
38. buy new luggage
39. run 3x a week for one month
40. get a massage

41. save $1,000 for a rainy day
42. have a pen pal
43. buy a monogram necklace
44. hit 500, 1,000, 1,500 followers on Instagram
45. host my parents for a dinner party

46. have a fully stocked bar - (tequila, vodka, rum, gin, bourbon, white winered wine) and all of the fixins
47. buy my dream Society Social couch
48. buy my blog domain
49. take a trip to a vineyard
50. take a bus trip to the Kentucky Derby with all of my best friends -- relive my college days

51. donate to my high school alma mater
52. try a cycling class
53. buy a nice camera for my blog
54. create my own logo - or hire someone to create one
55. Have my own business cards

56. perfect a cocktail recipe and make it my signiture drink
57. play 18 holes of golf
58. meet with other local bloggers for brunch
59. consistently update my resume
60. plan and host a fabulous 25th birthday party

61. buy and organize an address book and fill it with the necessary information
62. get up early and go to a coffee shop for work purposes once/week for 1 month
63. cook/bake 10 things from pinterest
64. go to a wine tasting class
65. attend a wine and painting class for a girls night out

66. complete a month of the blogilates workout calendar
67. buy a desk for my apartment
68. (finally) paint my bedroom furniture
69. collect 10 fashion and style related coffee table books update: 2/10 celebrate by Lauren Conrad, Grace and Style by Grace Helbig
70. blog a "10 favorite things to do in Cincinnati" list

71. use my library card 10 times
72. make my bed every morning for 1 month
73. create a collab series with my bff Elizabeth
74. attend the local farmer's market in my neighborhood at least 5 times each summer
75. buy a new dresser

76. perfect 5 "go to" recipes update:  chicken Parmesan 
77. introduce myself to my neighbors
78. read the newspaper every day for 1 month
79. find doctors that I like and make appointments for the future
80. go to a Red's game

81. watch 15 TED talks
82. Monetize my blog 
83. attend a final friday in OTR 
84. subscribe to a monthly box - ipsy, birchbox, naturebox etc.. (January 2015 - Birchbox)
85. drink 8 glasses of water every day for 30 days

86. buy cute desk accessories 
87. buy new glasses
88. host a "stock the bar" party for one of my friends -- new home, engagement, etc party
89. buy a pair of Hunter rainboots
90. go two weeks without dessert or sweets

91. keep fresh flowers in the apartment every week for 1 month
92. see a movie in Washington Park in the summer
93. go out to sing karaoke with friends
94. take a weekend trip to Chicago
95. take a beach trip

96. bring donuts or bagels into work to say thank you
97. plan blog posts out for each upcoming month by the 15th of the current month
98. spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast
99. go cabrewing
100. make a new spotify playlist each month
101. save $5 for every goal accomplished (#84)



Thanks for catching up - I'll check in on my goals again (now that I'm refocused) at the end of each month to let y'all know how I'm doing!

What goals do you guys have on your list? If you have a 101 in 1001 of your own, I'd love to check it out!

Until next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a love note!

 
site design by designer blogs